Congratulations and thanks go to our hosts TAF for their hospitality and organisation of a most successful 3rd APLAC PAC Joint Annual Meetings in Taipei, Chinese Taipei from 10 – 17 June 2016. A special celebration was held on Thursday 16 June 2016 to celebrate APLAC’s 25th Birthday. We were very pleased to welcome our past Chairs, Llew Richards, Tony Russell, Terence Chan and Chang Kwei Fern to help the current Chair, Nigel Jou and Chair elect, Wong Wang Wah celebrate this special occasion.
APLAC Mutual Recognition Arrangement
Congratulations go to the following members. The scope of recognition of:
- ema, Mexico was extended to include RMP;
- MNAS, Mongolia was extended to include inspection.
The signatory status of the following members was also continued:
- IAS, United States of America for testing, calibration and inspection;
- IQMH, Canada for ISO 15189;
Elections were held for office bearer positions and we congratulate the following on their election, commencing at the end of APLAC General Assembly, for a two year term:
APLAC Board of Management
- Wong Wang Wah of HKAS, Hong Kong, China, APLAC Chair
- Dr Llewellyn Richards of IANZ, New Zealand, APLAC MRA Council Chair
- Jennifer Evans of NATA, Australia, Board of Management
- Kukuh Achmad of KAN, Indonesia, Board of Management
- Trace McInturff of A2LA, USA, Board of Management
- He Ping of CNAS, PR China, Proficiency Testing Committee Chair
- Tadako Yamamoto of IAJapan, Japan, Public Information Committee Chair
- Brad Moore of NVLAP, USA, Technical Committee Chair
- Wanji Yang of TAF, Chinese Taipei, Training Committee Chair
The 4th APLAC PAC Joint Annual Meetings will be jointly hosted by NSC-ONSC, BLA-DSS, DMSc-BLQS and ACFS in Bangkok, Thailand from 16 to 24 June 2018.