After much planning and anticipation the 4th APLAC PAC Joint Annual Meetings incorporating the 23rd APLAC General Assembly was held at the Intercontinental Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand from 16 to 24 June 2017. We would like to thank our hosts, NSC-ONSC, BLA-DSS, DMSc-BLQS and ACFS, Thailand for their hospitality and organisation of a very successful week of meetings.
At the 39th MRA Council meeting we were very pleased to announce the following recognition decisions.
Congratulations go to our newest signatories:
- Federal Service for Accreditation, RusAccreditation, Russian Federation for Testing and Calibration;
- National Center of Accreditation, NCA, Kazakhstan Testing and Calibration.
Congratulations also go to the following members:
- KAN (Indonesia) extension of scope of recognition to include PTP;
- AAC Analtica (Russian Federation) extension of scope of recognition to include PTP.
The signatory status of the following members was also continued:
- BoA (Viet Nam) for Testing, Calibration, Inspection and Medical;
- NABCB (India) for Inspection;
- PNAC (Pakistan) for Testing and Calibration.
Mr Shaharul Sadri Alwi, Standards Malaysia and Mr Isao Fujita, IAJapan were re-elected to the Board of Management for a two year term.
The fifth APLAC PAC Joint Annual Meetings 2018 will be jointly hosted by IAJapan, ISMS-AC, JAB and VLAC in Kyoto, Japan from 1 to 9 June 2018.